Saturday 10 March 2012

...About a Gorilla's Nose.

So, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or something happened and I just didn't notice it, but today (I actually mean yesterday) was a big news day for Gorillas.

Got these earrings for my girlfriend's birthday. We are no longer together.
It started with something I read about a gorilla's nose. It's print is unique to every individual, just like how our fingerprints are unique. Not exactly sure how someone figured that out, but there it is. Gorillas, in my opinion like most animals, are quite fascinating. Here are some other cool things about them:

-They sleep in nests on the ground. Each and every day they build a new one and sleep in it by themselves. Only a mother and her newborn will share. Researchers count the population of a troop by the number of nests they see.

-While are closest ancestor is the chimp, some of our genes are more closely related to gorillas. Specifically our sight and hearing.

-They can talk. Mostly this is through sign language as most of us know. They are a relatively quiet animal but they have roughly 25 grunts/noises that are distinct.

Gorillas cannot be trusted.


And that is what I learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment